Incenses are very important items in Witchcraft. The smoke they created is capable of inducing different feelings, purifying environments, purifying objects during the consecration, and more.
We can’t prove when incenses were created, but we know for sure that ancient civilizations like the Egyptian and the Hindu already used them in rituals. One theory tries to explain the importance of them stating that Goddesses and Gods lived outside de Earth and only the smoke created by fire was capable of reaching them. Hence, herbs started to be burned and then the incenses were created.
Anyway, incenses are used until today and not only during rituals but also for welfare.
Incenses and Magic
Below you’ll find a list of some incenses e their properties. You don’t need to strictly follow this list. You can use your intuition and choose the best incense for the day!
We recommend you to burn masala incenses.
- Saffron – energy catalyst, enhance the effect of other incenses;
- Rosemary – Attracts of energies and protection in general;
- Musk – Passion, sensuality, and virility;
- Rue – Excellent against envy and evil eye, protection;
- Cinnamon – Attracts money and is antidepressant;
- Lemon grass and ginger – Cuts out all evil and negative vibrations;
- Clove – Energizing! Increases material gains, energy, and prosperity;
- Orange Flower – Energy, wealth, and fertility;
- Jasmine – Wellness and relaxation;
- Lavender – Relaxation, meditation, and prosperity;
- Lotus – Meditation and spiritual growth;
- Honey – Against the evil eye, brings happiness and encourages creativity;
- Patchouli – Meditation, intuition, and circle of protection (no good energy comes out and no bad energy comes in);
- White Rose – Peace, love, harmony, and purity;
- Sandalwood – Meditation, prosperity, self-confidence, and cleanliness of environments.
Incenses on daily life
The simple act of burning an incense at home or at work can already be considered as a magic ritual, once the energies and your thoughts are connected with the positive energy of the Goddess.
So, what’s your favourite incense?